Customer insights from Digital campaigns
According to Henry Ford, “A man who stops advertising to save money is like a man who stops clock to save time.” Digital campaigns are very much necessary to showcase your brand and generate leads. The success of a digital campaign depends on various factors. Here are a few thought provoking customer insights from digital campaigns.
It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content of a page when looking at its layout. It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content of a page when looking at its layout.
Successful advertising campaign – The essence of digital campaigns
You might wonder what makes a successful ad campaign. Here are a few factors that contribute to same. Who, why and how are the three questions that can lead you to desired results.
- Persona creation – Who are your potential clients? – Identifying your audience is the first factor that contributes to the success of your advertising campaign. You should have a defined target group. Persona creation is what I am talking about. The age, marital status, gender and income are a few things that constitute persona creation. Understanding the target group’s demographics and psychographics is vital in order to draft a creative and successful ad campaign. Give your audience what they need and you will achieve what you need.
- Aim – Why are you doing ad campaign? – It is important to keep your business objective in mind before constructing a digital campaign. Why are you indulging in an ad campaign? Is it to increase sales and generate more leads or is it to increase your brand’s reputation? The answers to these questions help a great deal in the success of your campaign. A well-defined objective paves way to maximize results from these campaigns.
- Mode of advertising – how are you going to advertise? – The mode of advertising is based on the audience. You have to analyze your audience and find out how exactly you are going to advertise to gain success in your campaign. Social media advertising, email marketing or any other way of digital marketing campaign that can be deployed is solely based on the target group. This, you can say is a major deciding factor that contributes to the success of your campaign.
Responses and predictions
Here are a few thought provoking customer insights that will help in analyzing and understanding customer behaviors:
- The number of mobile users has increased constantly. So, the prediction for 2017 is that there will continue to be a steady increase in the number of mobile users. Therefore, make it a point to be mindful of the mobile users while creating a digital campaign. Mobile messaging apps like WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, and QQ mobile are gaining popularity. So, it is time to include them in your marketing strategy.
- Video advertising does a great job in making your campaign a success. Tried and tested! Here is a Google trends report that shows the growing interest in live streaming.
Relationship marketing plays a vital role. The conversion rate of promotions sent to new customers is less than 1%, whereas 80% of future profits are generated from 20% existing customers. This is the importance of customer retention.
The result of your campaign
Here comes the most awaited part! Effective ad campaigns are identified using a few metrics. The top metrics used by marketers to measure the success of digital marketing campaigns are highlighted below:
To conclude, here are a few successful campaigns that show what digital campaigns are really capable of!
#DilkiDealOnSnapdeal – Celebrity magic
Snapdeal’s #DilkiDealOnSnapdeal was done by actor Amir Khan talking to millions of folks about deals, values and relationships. This was a huge hit and Snapdeal had 600% growth from 2013-2014.
#StandUpOnTwitter – A smile in all the faces
India’s leading life insurance company HDFC, hosted a stand-up comedy show on twitter. This created a buzz online and they ended up having a smile on their faces, by making their audience smile. Yes, they witnessed huge investments after the campaign.
The above are a few thought provoking customer insights on the importance of customer satisfaction. These pointers play an important role in making your campaign a success rather than being just a platform to help you learn from your mistakes.